Join My Food Community
My Food Community is all about ‘championing good food’ in the community - food that’s good for climate, nature and health.
Applications have now closed.
What is My Food Community?
My Food Community focuses on learning and personal development, connecting with others and the wider good food movement.
It is designed to inspire and support members to:
- Build knowledge: learn together and individually, and access resources
- Connect with others who champion good food: in your community and across the UK
- Develop leadership skills: take action and lead positive change for good food in your community
Everything you need to know about My Food Community:
- Runs from September 2022 to February 2023
Up to 4 hours per week (made up of 2-2.5hrs formal delivery and 1-1.5hrs of self-directed and reflective practice)
2 in-person events
Sessions include leadership styles and food citizenship to action learning and systems thinking
- You will be invited to take part in connection and discussion sessions with participants on a dedicated learning platform
Who is My Food Community for?
My Food Community is for anyone who wants to make a difference in their community, taking action around good food.
Projects are open to professionals, formal or informal volunteers from across the UK.
If you're involved in any of the below, apply for My Food Community!
- Organising activities that bring people together around good food (growing, cooking, or sharing food)
- Campaigning to improve the lives of people in your community and their experience of food
- Food distribution group, managing a local food bank or community fridge
Where does My Food Community Work?
My Food Community projects are happening all across the UK. We’re proud to have members from Belfast to Bury, from Swansea to Stockport.
My Food Community takes place mainly online. This helps bring people from across the UK together. But the group does meet in person too, which is enjoyed by all!
For questions 15/16/17/18 we accept voice recorded applications also.
If you would like to send your application in this way, please send your audio files to email@example.com, clearly marking the email subject ‘My Food Community Application’.
You must complete all other questions on the written application form. If you are submitting via voice record for 15/16/17/18, please comment ‘question answered via voice recording’ in the relevant box.
Your recording(s) must not exceed 8 minutes (this is for all questions, not per question).
Most email providers can’t send files over 25MB. So please ensure your file is not this large. If you need to send in more than one recording, please attach to the one, same email.
If you need the application form in any other format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.